All parents want the best for their children. After giving birth, good health is the first wish that comes into mind. However, there is a possibility for a declining health as the child grows up. At first, people won’t be aware if something bothers the child. They will only discover a condition upon observing evident circumstances. Specifically, parents will be warned about the risks of asthma if they see their child coughing or struggling in breathing.
There are emerging theories on the real reason why asthma is very common among the young population. The first is concerned with the effects of pollution. Some experts say that living in a sterile environment also contributes to the condition. The children’s immune system can be easily compromised even with minimal movements and behaviors. Another theory lies on the greenhouse gases buildup which enables the rapid pollen production. The said claim has a strong say because of the fact that many asthma patients have allergies as well. Lastly, researches show that obesity among children has a potential in triggering the asthma symptoms.
Nowadays, the number of young patients continues to grow. It is quite alarming know that babies or toddlers are prone to such inflammation. Doctors of the modern world also make a related diagnosis on the young age group.
- Among children, boys have greater risks on asthma compared to girls. On the other hand, adult women have higher possibility of developing asthma than men. Most cases of asthma is related to hereditary factors.
- Asthma is the main reason why school children commit numerous absences.
- Among the racial groups, African and Americans are prone to asthma. However, 25 % of the population is not capable of frequent consultations.
- Surprisingly, $50 billion is spent annually in health care to treat asthma.
- Having a mild asthma does not necessarily suggest that parents need to reduce their worries. It is still possible for a mild asthma to transform into a severe one. Once the respiratory system has a background on allergic reactions, it is possible to trigger serious symptoms. Exposure to cleaning products and smoke are also factors on developing a new record of asthma.
- Asthma must not stop your child from exploring his talents and skills. There are parents who are too concerned with their child, resulting into setting limitations to do regular activities. A certain fear is bothering them. The success of the treatment and maintenance actually depends on how parents apply essential medication strategies. It is even ideal to join sports events and exercises. By merely following the correct recommendations, there will be no problem with further risks.
- When it comes to necessary treatment, a qualified physician must be consulted. It will be useless to make an action late—when the only option is to have a weak respiratory system.
There will always be a solution for every disease. Just like other severe diseases, Asthma is open for treatments along the way.